Strategy for management Faculty of Management Science Surat Thani Rajabhat University
Policy 1: Value Experience Education Management
Development goal 1: Development curriculum and various flexible learning processes by focusing on having valuable experience resources and to suit the demand of the locals.
- Developing learning courses both Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees by making developing plans for courses which are focusing on skills and valuable experiences for graduates including a developing plan that focusses on innovations, that meets the local demands and suits the curriculum criteria of 2015, focusing on “Teach less Learn more” such as learning from the real experiences, work integrated learning and Co-operative education.
- Making developing plans for Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees by development from the faculty or co-operate with foreign universities.
- Having study projects about the possibility of developing Master’s degree focusing on researches, by developing the courses by the faculty or co-operate with foreign university, and aiming to develop the researches to high level.
Development goal 2: Developing the graduates’ characteristics to be dynamic
- Making activity plans for developing student potentials such as supporting learning activities according to the year-levels, arranging organization seminars about new and important knowledge for the 21st century suiting the year-levels.
- Developing students in 3Q: IQ EQ SQ by making developing plans for students to practice and learn how to develop IQ,EQ and SQ.
- Arranging activities for students to join with foreign universities to learn about cultures and exchange experiences ,moreover arranging activities for students to prepare for ASEAN.
- Encourage the students to join and find their interesting job through learning system, to think and to improve their personality as a businessman by learning from real businessmen.
- Giving chances to graduates to reach out for good careers (career development) especially the students with professional program are highly needed.
Policy 2: Research and Innovation for Social Engagement
Development goal 3: Developing the faculty to be the faculty that focusses on research and innovation for society
- Creating a research support plan to meet the needs of locals and seeking research funds from both inside and outside university.
- Developing a research incubator system for beginner researchers Intermediate level and expert researchers such as a mentor system, training, joining a research group and research funding by exchanging, learning from senior researchers and experts in various fields both national and international, including supporting research in collaboration with reputable national or international research institutes.
- Promoting the integration of specialized research groups, cross-branch research and integrating various disciplines such as management science and technology that focus on solving problems of locals to strive for excellence in social research. Promoting and supporting the use of knowledge gained from research or published researches to be used for the development of teaching, learning, economic and commercial use.
- Promoting the organizing of national and international academic conferences, publicizing research results and joining academic networks, especially at the regional and international levels.
- Developing academic journals of the Faculty of Management Science by managing to be in line with the vision of the faculty in order to meet the quality and be accepted at the national level.
Policy 3: Focusing on academic services for the community (Social Engagement)
Development goal 4: Providing academic services for the community and society in the service area
- Developing the Faculty of Management Science to be a service source for solving problems and developing the local community by setting up a working group to explore local needs and to be used as a guideline for academic courses. The working group will work with many other courses and various disciplines to reduce duplication and have proactive public relations in academic services to society.
- Developing short-term management courses for government agencies and other agencies and develop courses resulting from the MOU cooperation that is training and personnel development, and special projects that create “income” by focusing on proactive work.
Policy 4: Nurture and preserve art, religion, culture, local wisdom and Thai wisdom. (Art, Religion, Culture and Local and national knowledge)
Development goal 5: The use of wisdom, local culture and integration with learning, teaching and researches
- Supporting and developing systems and databases of research on knowledge of art, religion, culture, local wisdom and Thai wisdom through the science of the Faculty of Management Science.
- Providing opportunities for students in related disciplines to learn about social services and volunteering including conservation of art, religion, culture, local wisdom and Thai wisdom together with related departments by focusing on integration with teaching and researches.
Policy 5: Creative Quality Management
Development Goal 6: Creative Quality Management and Personnel quality management
- Creating administrative and development plans for academic staff, teaching techniques and plans for management and development of support personnel with empirical data analysis.
- Setting up the operative personnel system of the Faculty of Management Science to develop capabilities and teamwork to have a paradigm, modern concepts, work-oriented performance skills and promote the ability of personnel to have appropriate performance to support future changes.
- Creating database and a personnel information system to develop the capabilities of the personnel as much as possible.
- Promoting and supporting personnel to study at the Doctoral degree and Post-Doctoral to prepare the personnel for the development of the graduate programs.
Creative technology management
- Encourage service providers and personnel to use information systems to help reduce the burden by working in a new format “Do Less Get More” and working by using ideas of using technology to help developing an information system for proactive management to improve the quality of academic services and all documents to be electronic documents “E-Document” and to support “Digital Faculty” .
General quality management
- Support the Faculty of Management Science to be a learning organization that can support changes in all dimensions.
- Focus on management by following the good governance and create a culture of siblings by caring for each other.
- Allocate budget to support welfare of various personnel by adhering to Equal Work Equal Pay to create equal, fair and equitable feelings.
- Improve internal communication by adding various communication channels such as using social media to create a clear understanding in the direction and operation of the faculty.
- Make the Faculty of Management Science to have a unique identity, to have a good reputation and be certified for educational quality from inside and outside the faculty.
- Create a monitoring and evaluation system in various areas that can be checked under good governance.
Policy 6: Creative Internationalization
Development goal 7: adaptation to support internationalization
- Supporting international activities by inviting international celebrities to participate in university activities and encouraging personnel of the Faculty of Management Science to join the national and international arena.
- Supporting the Faculty of Management Science to host or co-host events / conferences or forum projects, seminars and academic presentations on an international level.
Creating academic cooperation plans such as student exchange programs, researchers, professors, and university personnel development cooperation with universities in ASEAN or countries in Europe, the United States or Australia